Monday, January 4, 2016

Why ME??

I am still in Boston at my son's house. And I am still sick.

SICK you ask? Yeah....have been sick since the day after Christmas. The one thing I had a feeling would happen. Nine people in close quarters with sick kids and its bound to catch up with you. Now I haven't been sick in 2 years and I actually fear getting sick due to the fact that as I am no longer in my 20's (or even 30's), my immune system is shot. So first I got a sore throat....then I got the cold symptoms....then finally I got the sinus infection, which I am still fighting. Its not as bad as it was but its still there....still nagging me. Will probably be another week before I am mostly over it. I am already sworn that I will NOT come back here if anyone is sick. as no one uses any preventative measures (like cleaning) to keep the viruses in check. 

My son has misplaced my Christmas present. I have no idea if I will ever see it. All I can do is roll my eyes. I love my son but....

We did have one nice day. Even though I was sick, he took me out to breakfast, then to see Star Wars and finally, lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Was really nice. He hired one of those car services.....not UBER...the other one....to get us from place to place. Very convenient, if not expensive. But he can afford it. He also took me to the local mall so I could see about getting a new phone, which I did. Leased a Samsung S6. Never thought of leasing as an option for me but its actually better than owning at this point. I turn in the phone anytime and get the newer version. Cost less monthly than buying the phone and I wont have an old phone sitting in a drawer when I upgrade. I am happy.....love the new phone!

Got some news yesterday, The owner of the home I live in was back in the hospital and I am hearing that although she will be out today, the family is going to start researching nursing home options. Will probably take several months but it looks like I will be moving sooner than later. My son has already told me he will rent an apartment for me. My only thought is that it will be in BOSTON.....and I do NOT want to live up here. With my anxiety, I would never go out, never go anywhere. But I am not going to bring up the issue right now. I need to try and keep saving money and my sanity. 

I leave here very early Wednesday morning. Son has reserved a seat on a train that stops in Philly where my daughter will pick me up. My vacation will be over. Didn't feel like a vacation being sick and all. I am actually looking forward to sleeping in my own bed instead of a futon in a living room.

Today's song is Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious from Mary Poppins. My granddaughter insisted I play that video over quite a few times today. I probably won't see her for a few months....she will be 3 then.

No comments:

Post a Comment