Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I have been spending the weekend at my brother's house while he and my SIL are away. Although its great to be here even for a few days (they have a really nice house in a quiet, wooded area), I have been dealing with the stress of facing the psychologists appointment I have on Tuesday. I don't like dealing with strangers, especially ones who work for the government and who don't have any reason to make it easier for me to get my supplimental income. But I have to face it. My Tourettes has been nearly out of control because of the anxiety. I dread Tuesday, but at the same time, I can't wait for it to be over.

My brother's house is a refuge for me. No one here (which is wonderful), and I can pretty much do what I want. And being able to shower in clean water whenever I want, brush my teeth in clean water, drink cold, clean tap water from the fridge, have ice on demand....well, its a luxury for me now. I made myself a nice dinner of turkey breast, baked potato and green beans.  Relatively healthy. Tomorrow I will shower one more time, wash the linens, remake the bed, pack up and then relax until early evening when I must leave and go back to that place.

Its been worked out that I will only be watching the owner one day a week....Thursday. Cuts down on my money but its actually better for both of us....she will get better care from the new caregiver and I will have less anxiety about having to be responsible for her.

I am watching Sunday Night Football because I have a mild interest in the Eagles. But if they fall too far behind, I can always watch something else. My brother has cable with all the on demand bells and whistles. Another luxury I can appreciate. I may end up with an antenna when I get a place of my own because I can pretty much guarantee there wont be any money for cable.

A very odd thing happened to me which I will relate. I was packing up my car to come here on Friday morning and was making room in my hatchback when I pushed aside a small Amazon box I had in the back. It was empty except for some packing peanuts....or so I thought. When I moved it, some of the peanuts shifted and I noticed what looked like a $20 bill inside. I reached in and it wasn't a $20 bill.....it was a bunch of $20 bills! I counted them and there was $200. Then I put my hand back in the box, pushed some of the peanuts aside and found another $20 bill. I grabbed it, and it turned out to be 4 bills.....$80. Two hundred and eighty dollars! I didn't know what to think.....I have NO memory of putting any money in that box and its been in my car for weeks. A miracle? Well, I don't think that's likely. But I am not going to feel guilty about keeping it. I had been stressing about my money situation and this just what I needed. So I can relax a but for the rest of the month and not worry about money until December.

As for today's song, all you have to do is read the title of this entry. Wish me luck on Tuesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment