Thursday, October 22, 2015

Got Water?

As I wrote previously, I will explain about my reasoning for having waited 4 days to shower. Without going into a lot of detail, as this is a public blog and I have my reasons for discretion.

I reside in a temporary housing situation. In this building, the water is contaminated.....not potable. I do not drink it, nor wash clothes in it or anything else in it. The only thing I use it for is to wash down the spittle from brushing my teeth (which is bad enough as the odor from the water makes me feel sick to my stomach) and for toileting.  I use bottled water for brushing my teeth and drinking. When I need to do laundry, I either go to my brother's house or a friend's place when convenient.  But as for showering,  I was forced to find another alternative. So I have budgeted out $10 a month for a gym membership with shower facilities. I don't exercise....no desire TBH. But there is no law that says I have to exercise to use their showers. So I pack up a bag with clean clothes, towel, washcloth, toiletries and hair appliances and off I go. Not the most private nor convenient procedure, but at least I get clean. Now I suppose you might wonder why I don't go to the gym to shower every day? Well, part of my anxiety issues concerns people.....strangers. Not comfortable around strangers. So I have to work myself up to actually packing up the bag and pushing myself out of this room I live in and go to the gym and be around strangers. But its not just the gym...I am not comfortable in stores or streets or any other place there are people. I do better when I am with my daughter....its when I am alone that I am nervous and anxious. Still, you do have to buy food and clothes and other necessities and therefore you HAVE to go out on occasion. And I do....avoiding aisles where there are other people. If I need something found on an occupied aisle, I will wait till its empty. Its gotten worse as I have gotten older, however. Not sure why.

So thats it in a nutshell. For the time being I exist in limbo until my financial situation is straightened out. And I try my best to make the proverbial lemonade out of lemons.

I did get a shower this afternoon. And I feel nearly human again. I also cleaned up the yard a bit....threw out trash and swept the steps. And packed up my car with my cleaning supplies for the house cleaning job on Saturday. Its an hour drive but not an unpleasant one. I do enjoy driving as long as I know where I am going. I panic when I get lost and I don't trust GPS systems....they have gotten me lost on more than one occasion. Very frustrating when you have a car and could conceivably go a lot of places. But not me. I have missed out on a lot over the years because of this fear. But things are getting better....maybe I will live long enough to get one of those cars that drives itself...ha, ha!

I stopped at Marshall's today too. I found a cotton pullover.....and my condition makes it nearly impossible to wear other fabrics comfortably. So I bit the bullet and bought it. I also looked for a winter vest but struck out. May have to look online.

Today's song is in honor of Three Dog Night....One (is the Lonliest Number).



No comments:

Post a Comment