Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Here We Go Again!

Its a neverending roller coaster for me, of anxiety and emotions and worry and somehow I have to try and rise above it and move forward. First step has been accomplished.

Saw my therapist yesterday. Told her about my denial letter. She immediately told me I needed to hire a lawyer. She said she worked with one in the past who had successfully won cases for her clients. I decided to take a chance. She called the lawyers office and arranged for them to call me today.

The lady was pleasant enough....asked me general questions about my various mental conditions and then told me she would present my case to her boss, the lawyer. She told me it would take at least 24 hours but an hour later, she called back and said they were going to take my case. Now the good thing about all this is that these guys only get paid if they win so they don' t take cases they feel are a lost cause. So at least that's a good thing.

But now the fun begins...ha, ha! They will be sending me a packet of forms to fill out and I have to send them copies of my  ID, SS# and copy of the rejection letter. I should get the packet by the end of the week. And I am pretty certain that I will have to see a Dr. and probably a neurologist to confirm my having Tourettes. The thoughts of all this already has my stomach in a knot. And even when all the info is put forward and the appeal is heard, it takes at least 18 months for a decision. Still, the lawyer does most of the work and he gets 1/3rd of my retroactive payments or about $8,000 when all is said and done, assuming he wins my case.

I see my psychiatrist on Friday....and I am not sure if my meds will change or not. Probably not. But I sure wish there was something I could take for the situational anxiety I am dealing with.  Oh well.

Today's song is Linus and Lucy by Bill Melendez. Yesterday was the 50th anninversary of A Charlie Brown Christmas. My daughter and I went to see The Peanuts Movie last Saturday (her treat!) and I really enjoyed it....especially in the theater's reclining seats. If you like Peanuts, go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment